Class day/time options: Saturday 10:15am
- Age: 5-6 years
- Average 50min per class (+/- 5min)
- Meets on Saturdays until May 19th, except March 31st
Class tuition is $300/quarter with a material fee of $340 (for 9 months worth of materials) due with first quarter's tuition.
Sunbeams 1 (SB1) is the entry point of the MYC® Method for 5-6 year old beginners. They are first introduced to piano geography and rhythms through our MYC Critters to help set their foundation of music knowledge and education; however, the pace of learning for these Sunbeams matches their developmental stages. Vocabulary development is the focus for this age group- at this stage we introduce “big kid” terminology to introduce concepts, finger numbers, and keyboard geography.
- Identification and development of keys and rhythm through MYC’s unique keyboard ‘critters’
- Off-the-staff reading for contour and patterns
- Steady beat experiences
- On-the-staff (pitch) reading in treble clef and bass clef
- Grand staff reading (treble and bass clef)
- Listening to identify and use dynamics (loud and quiet sounds)
- Listening to a rhythm pattern and writing it using rhythm writing tools.
- Coordination of LH and RH
- Scale playing with harmonizing bridge chords in C major, a minor and G major.
For info on adding this class' calendar to yours, click here.
If you're familiar with subscribing to a calendar, below is the link to copy.