Class day/time options: Tuesday 3:00pm
- Age: 7-9 years
- Average 50min per class (+/- 5min)
- Meets each Tuesday until the end of the quarter
Class tuition is $300/quarter with a material fee of $370 (for 9 months worth of materials) due with first quarters tuition.
Moonbeams 1 (MB1) is the entry point of the MYC® Method for 7-9 year olds. The older beginner program is designed to support the students’ growing sense of independence. Reading becomes the primary focus for gathering information, while the songs, ensembles and keyboard repertoire incorporate early piano literature, folk songs, technique and harmonization.
- pattern reading
- scale playing with harmonizing chords in 6 keys
- keyboard repertoire with plentiful supplementary pieces for holidays and extra challenges
- rhythm and keyboard ensemble experiences
- harmonization and composition experiences
- transposing within 5 finger patterns
- understanding and utilizing legato and staccato touches
For info on adding this class' calendar to yours, click here.
If you're familiar with subscribing to a calendar, below is the link to copy.